The Sweet Lyfe

Music....Art....Fashion....Just Regular Entertainment....

Monday, December 21, 2009

Interview with A.Levy


Tae:
For those that are not familiar with you, tell us a little about yourself.

A.Levy:
My name is A. Levy short for Austin Levy. I am a rapper/studio junky/audio engineer/”top flight” security guard.


Tae:

Who would you say influenced you the most musically?

A.Levy:

This is an easy one. Ok, maybe not that easy. I’m most heavily influenced by Nasir Jones, most commonly known as NAS. I was a late bloomer on real hip-hop. I became a fan of Nas in 1999. Prior to that I was No Limit records fanatic! Mystikal, Mac and Fiend were always my favorites until I discovered Nas. It was amazing to me that he could express my inner thoughts on wax. In 1999 I had never heard anything like it so quickly went to Groove City in Gentilly mall and bought his entire discography.



Tae:

What makes you stand out from other artist?


A.Levy:
My versatility; I can rap fast, slow, conscious, pop, rap, even bounce. I don’t limit myself and I’m not afraid to tackle any subject or any realm of hip-hop music. I’m hungry and self motivated. Also you will never hear of me being in a drug bust or in any other situation that has become far too common with rappers.


Tae:
What category would you place your music in and if you could name the sound/type of music, what would it be?

A.Levy:
The name of my category is called “supercatgafradjalistichpeladoscious” (Laughs) I’m a little bit of everything.


Tae:
What can people expect from you in 5 years?

A.Levy:
Billboard charts. I have big aspirations for me and all of my H.U.T. affiliates. We have a few things in the works that I cant mention, I don’t want to kill those blessings.

Tae:
What upcoming projects are you working on?

A.Levy:
I am working on my debut album, it's untitled as of the moment. I am also working on a group project called “Superugly” which consists of myself, Lyrikill, Lyriqs, Spitraw, Slangston Hughes, and E.D. Nix….production by 504 Dubb, Turner, and many more.

Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?


A.Levy:
I can be reached via twitter.com/alevyworld,  facebook.com/austinlevy, myspace.com/alevy thehutstudios@gmail.com or the old fashioned way just call me 504-913-0658

Tae:
Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it. Is there anything you would like to add?

A.Levy:
I'd like to say thanks for the opportunity and I am a huge fan of your blog site.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home