The Sweet Lyfe

Music....Art....Fashion....Just Regular Entertainment....

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Interview with Raw Tunez




Tae:
For those not familiar with Raw Tunez, tell us a little about yourself.

Raw Tunez:
I was born in New Orleans and moved to Houston after Katrina, that bitch. I've been making music since 2005 and I'm still evolving.

Tae:
What makes you standout from other producers?

Raw Tunez:
I really don't know, I've pretty much been trained by alot of different producers. I just use what I was taught and try to make my own sound.

Tae:
Where did you get your name and what made it stick?

Raw Tunez:
I used to be known as Big Dick Beatz but no one was feeling that. (Laughs)



Tae:
How would you describe your music?

Raw Tunez:
Fun. I use unusual sounds some times. I once sampled my lil cousin crying after he got his ass beat, added an effect to it and now its my trademark sound.

Tae:
Who would you say influenced you the most musically?

Raw Tunez:
I would say Mannie Fresh, his beats always stood out from the rest and gave the South a new sound.

Tae:
What upcoming projects are you working on?

Raw Tunez:
I'm producing the Get Money Boyz album "New Houston" and working on my own mixtape "Going Green". I have a lot of new music coming in 2010. Also, I work with a lot of local artist from New Orleans and Houston.

Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

Raw Tunez:
You can hit me up on twitter.com/rawtunez or email me at rawtunez@gmail.com

Tae:
Thank you for your time, before we go, is there anything you would like to add?

Raw Tunez:
Check out some of my music on www.myspace.com/rawtunez. Keep checking on me because I'll always working on something new. I appreciate all the support. Thanks for the interview.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home