The Sweet Lyfe

Music....Art....Fashion....Just Regular Entertainment....

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Interview: Valencia Christina & Purpleink


Tae:
Tell me about Valencia Christina and Purpleink.

VC Barbie:
VC is a self motivated individual determined to help all those who want my assistance. I am a fashion model, musician, runway coach and aspiring actress. Aside from my entertainment career I have a small business by the name of Purpleink Models and Talent. Purpleink was designed in the hopes of building an empire for New Orleans Fashion Models. Our company has been exposed to many areas of entertainment : promotions, Fashion Show Planning, Talent Scouting, Casting Calls, Networking Events, Marketing and Runway coaching. We also offer personal assistant services for anyone or business. Our main focus is on modeling, do to the fact that we are in a city where video vixens are in high demand. We have planned many successful Fashion Shows here in New Orleans, La and will be having many more to come.

Tae:
How long have you been in the modeling and acting industry all in all?

VC Barbie:
I started in 2005, I placed second in a Sigma Pageant at Southern University A&M and in 2006 my 1st Fashion show was with Kuala Clothing (clothing featured n T.I's Do It Video). I won Miss Black College Beauty in 2007 and went on tour and I've been traveling and getting work since.

Tae:
I’ve heard that you are an actress; do you have formal training or educational background?

VC Barbie:
I'm not quit an actress yet I'm an aspiring actress. Yes, I have training from middle school through high school. While attending college I attained 23 credit hours of acting skills. I have been featured in several movies this past year and i plan to get principal roles in 2010. I'm always moving up.


Tae:
Have you worked for any companies or done freelance for anyone?

VC Barbie:
I have worked for and with many companies. It all depends on what you are talking about. If its runway New Orleans Fashion Week LLC, Promotional Sobieski Vodka with ATN (accross the nation), Photo Shoot Xpression2Art, Movies Coulon, Batherson, and Dan Agency. Planning Shows - Purpleink, Red Carpet Events, and Big Stan Productions. These are the more recent names.

Tae:
Do you feel your current career or some of the work you’ve done as a model will fuel or detour your goals as an actress?

VC Barbie:
Fuel! As a model I have learned many ins and outs, ups and downs of the business. Modeling is almost the same as being an actress just without the words most of the time. The more I learn as a model makes it that much easier for me to excel as an actress.

Tae:
Is there any advice you would like to give upcoming models and actresses?

VC Barbie:
Yes! Contact me or my model manager Dnyia at purpleink1986@gmail.com . Aside from that, be as dedicated as you can be. Never allow your failures to determine your success. There is always a door open some where, you just have to find it.


Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

VC Barbie:
For booking contact- Deck Entertainment L.L.P. Cross: 347-962-9560 or King: 609-556-501 www.myspace.com/Deckent08

Models, Talents and anyone looking for promotions or Fashion Show Planners, email Purpleink1986@gmail.com

View our Wix site http://www.wix.com/vcbarbie/Purpleink-Models-and-Talent

Follow me on www.twitter.com/vcbarbie

Model Mayhem www.modelmyhem.com/vcbarbie

Face Book www.facebook.com/Valencia.Christina

Fan Page VC Barbie or Vcbarbie on facebook also


Tae:
Thank you for your time and before we go, is there anything you would like to add?

VC Barbie:
This past year I have been ignored by many public figures here in New Orleans, La. For those of you who are going through the same things remember that it's not the end of the road (Boyz 2 Men). Just keep grinding and make sure to dot all I's and cross all T's. Make connections outside of your area and watch your success unfold. In just one year I have met so many stars and have them as friends now. It's not who you know all the time it's what you know. Who you know can get you in but what you know brings success. My motto "either you in or you out" make your decision.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Either you in, or you out", my motto as well...grind it out sista! Many blessings and prosperity, PEACE! ~michele davis

January 18, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home