The Sweet Lyfe

Music....Art....Fashion....Just Regular Entertainment....

Monday, March 15, 2010

Interview KAMMs



Tae:
I would like you to first introduce yourself to many who are unknown of you?
KAMMs:
KAMMs or KAMMs TheACE

Tae:
What type of photographer are you or what's your specialty?

KAMMs:
I’m an artist first. I try not to limit myself. I find myself shooting mostly things that inspire me, a large bit of that includes the 4 elements of Hip Hop. I find myself shooting at or around graffiti walls a lot. I LOVE color.

Tae:
When did you first start shooting?

KAMMs:
Got my first d-SLR around Christmas of ’08. Not a Christmas gift though!

Tae:
What kind of camera and equipment do you use?

KAMMs:
I prefer Canon. I’ve used Nikon but there’s just too many dam settings. I like raw images, I want to do most of the work, not depend on the camera. Like my mentor, Jerome, says: “It’s not about the camera. I can shoot with a disposable and still get amazing shots.” I mean, I can’t do that yet, but he can. I’m trying to get on his level.

Tae:
What are your dreams and goals as far as photography is concerned?

KAMMs:
Photography is the one avenue in which I don’t have any immediate goals. I just want to get better and better. I love art and photography is the one avenue that allows me to capture it forever, as opposed to creating it.

Tae:
What are your upcoming events or jobs?

KAMMs:
Check TheIMMEG.com for our calendar. We’re always busy. The next major event I’m looking forward to is SoundCLASH’s Kicks & Snares with Pete Rock. All the elements of Hip Hop under one roof with a legend present. My camera & I are gonna have a field day!

Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

KAMMs:
I’m literally everywhere on the internet. Not to sound pretentious but if all else fails, Google me! Here are some specific places you can find me on the net though: TheIMMEG.com@KAMMsTheACE ßTwitter, facebook.com/kammstheaceKAMMsTheACE.comKammstheace.tumblr.comjpgmag.com/people/KAMMsTheACE

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home