The Sweet Lyfe

Music....Art....Fashion....Just Regular Entertainment....

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Interview Wes B



Tae:
Tell me a little about yourself.

Wes B:
My name is Wes B, I am a Hip-Hop artist from New Orleans, CEO/Founder of XCEL Records, LLC/ Blue Duece Productions. I am also a part-time studio engineer at my home studio.

Tae:
What got you into music and production work?

Wes B:
I've always been into music, like literally. I used to change the words to all the songs to make them personable and pretend that I was a radio dj in my youth, was in my jr high and high school marching bands. I started building XCEL Records as a label in 2000.


Tae:
Who would you say has influenced you musically?

Wes B:
Lyrically, I have to say Jay Z, Kanye West, Joe Budden, & Lupe Fiasco. Production wise; Kanye, Just Blaze, Pharell, Dr Dre and a few others.

Tae:
What do you think is missing most from hip hop right now?

Wes B:
Honestly nothing. Hip Hop has everything that you need. There are party songs, street, gangsta, & "underground" rap. Here in the city the program directors need to put more local artist into rotation so that they can have that opportunity to let their music be heard so they can reach a broader audience.

Tae:
What upcoming projects are you working on now?

Wes B:
The next project that I will be working on is my second solo album Life, Love, Music it's the follow-up to 2008's Focus.

Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

Wes B:
I can be found via Twitter at WesBeez, my website http://www.xcelrecordsonline.net, www.facebook.com/mrxcelrecords, and via email at mrxcelrecords@gmail.com

Tae:
Thank you again for your time, is there anything you would like to add?

Wes B:
Please check out my album Focus on iTunes by typing in "Wes B Focus" into the search box. Also check out http://www.xcelrecordsonline.net for links to my music and other information related to me and XCEL Records. Download my latest mixtape called Blu Musik.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home