The Sweet Lyfe

Music....Art....Fashion....Just Regular Entertainment....

Friday, October 23, 2009

*Feature of the Week: Mizery Da Beast*

This kid is on the rise, coming out of a city that eats, sleeps and breaths music of all genres, Mizery Da Beast is going to take the rap game to anther level for young rappers. Don't assume that he's another Soulja Boy, Bow Wow, or Tyga. This dude has a story to tell. Check out the interview he did with The Sweet Life Blog.






DANCE flo.mp3 -
Tae:
For those that are not familiar with Mizery Da Beast, tell us a little about yourself.

Mizery Da Beast:
I was born Frankie Dennis at Charity Hospital on January 29, 1988. I fell found my passion and love for rap in middle school and hooked up with a local producer, No Fear, and dropped my first mix tape in 2000. I formed a group called Lyrical Mindz with my cousin and uncle, Baby D aka Dizzle and Karisma.
We dropped 5 mix tapes and I dropped 2 solo projects as Mizery Da Beast. I was signed to Next Records by CEO Gary Netter in 2006. As a solo artist, in 2007, I worked alongside Tec9 of UNLV, No Fear, my producer, and many others. Things didn’t turn out how I wanted them to, so I left Next Records and doors started looking good. I was opening up for people around the city and being featured on different mix tapes. I began to get noticed for my lyrical capability and song writing skills. I eventually recorded a song with Baby Boy Da Prince and have been through a lot, dropped a few mix tapes, working on a few, but here I am.

Tae:
Where are you from and how long have you been rapping?

Mizery Da Beast:
I’m from the West Bank of New Orleans, LA (Marrero); its home of the legendary recording artist Mc Thick and Universal Recording Artist Baby Boy Da Prince. I’ve been rapping since I was 11.

Tae: 
Being young, does it have any setbacks as a musician?

Mizery Da Beast:
Being a younger artist, people tend to want to put you in the category as the other young artist coming out. It’s all about what’s hot at the time and that’s what they try to mold us younger artist into but I’m a lyricist and a talented song writer. I’m going to make my own lane and not follow the trend, but set it.

Tae:
Who are your top 5 artists?

Mizery Da Beast:
I would have to say, T.I, Kanye West, Jadakiss, 2Pac, and Jay-Z, because of his business mind and the way he sells out crowds

Tae:
What upcoming projects are you working on?

Mizery Da Beast:
I’m working on my solo project: “I Am Da Beast Vol.1” and a compilation mix tape titled “Mizery Luv's Company” I have a single that’s about to hit “Dance Flo” feat. G. Warner.

Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

Mizery Da Beast:
People can reach me at the following:
www.myspace.com/MizeryDabeastMusic
www.twitter.com/MizeryDaBeast
MizeryDaBeastMusic@gmail.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home