The Sweet Lyfe

Music....Art....Fashion....Just Regular Entertainment....

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Interview: Go Dj Dip

Everyone knows that success starts somewhere, I had the chance to interview one of the very first Go DJ's and boy was that a very good interview. Check it out and enjoy :)

Tae: 
For those who are not familiar with Go DJ Dip, tell us a little about yourself. 

Go DJ Dip:
I'm from Dallas, Oak Cliff off Camp Wisdom and Polk, I've been dj-ing since I was 16 and I'm a pretty laid back cat, just like my tattoo says, A-1 Since Day 1, I'm the last of a dying breed you know.  I've been a Go DJ since 2005, as a matter of fact, I was one of the first Go DJ's.  (laughs) DJ Hi-C was my mentor at the time.

Tae:
What makes you stand out from other DJ's?

Go DJ Dip:
Most definitely my personality and the feeling that I leave you with after you meet me. I have an aura about myself, something like a glow. Shit, I'm me.


Tae:
Where did you get your name and what made it stick?

Go DJ Dip:
My name was given to me by the people, like literally, the public and it was accepted. My nickname was Chip, and some people just started saying Dip. I used to host a mixtape for a rapper named Lil Tex, and on one of his songs he said "DJ Dip" and people started hearing it. I didn't ask for the name, it was given to me.

Tae:
What inspired you to become a DJ?

Go DJ Dip:
 I like to have fun, the fact that I can have fun and make money. DJ-ing gave me an outlet on who I am as a person. When I talk, people listen, I have a voice and I loved the feeling I got when I did it for the first time. I met Dj Hi-C helped and taught me a lot, I have to pay major homage to him. He made me who I am today. He taught me the in's and out's of the game and how to be patient. Thank you man.

Tae:
What kind of equipment do you use?

Go DJ Dip:
I use CDJ's, no turntables. I'm an 80's baby, I've never touched a vinyl, I use serato, CDJ, a mixer and a laptop and it's going DOWN.

Tae:
What type of music do you like to play the most?

Go DJ Dip:
Man, the music that I listen to, I play what the people wanna hear, 8Ball, MJG, late 90's and Trap Music, Big Chief, Underground and Urban music.

Tae:
What kind of advice would you like to give upcoming DJ's and or artists?

Go DJ Dip:
Be patient. Be patient. Be patient, you never know who's watching you whether there's 4 or 400, you never know and be yourself.

Tae:
How can people get in touch with you?

Go DJ Dip:
www.myspace.com/GotGoDJDip, www.twitter.com/GoDJDip, and you can search me on Facebook under GoDj Dip. Whenever you see me, say something, I am not "hollywood".

Tae: 
Before we go, is there anything you would like to add?

Go DJ Dip:
I'm the Official Eat Greedy Dj, A-1 Since Mother Fuckin Day 1, The First Go DJ. Dallas born, but I'm Texas raised, The Interstate DJ, coming to a city near you. I have to leave you with our motto "If You Not A Go Dj, What The Fuck Are You Dj-ing For?" I also host mixtapes, I'm a one stop shop, I will host it, and press it up. Holla at me.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home