The Sweet Lyfe

Music....Art....Fashion....Just Regular Entertainment....

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

*Interview* Sinista



Tae: Tell me about yourself, where you’re from and how you got started.

Sinista: I’m from the Florida Projects in the 9th Ward, of New Orleans, and I started back when I was 11 years old. My uncle had a studio back in the early 90’s, I used to sneak in and teach myself how to make beats and record.

Tae: What makes you stand out from other producers?

Sinista: I’m well rounded and I can do a complex track just as easy as I can do something simple.

Tae: What category would you place your music and if you could name it, what would you call it.

Sinista: I’m a diehard fan of gangsta music, but I’m good at making my music gangsta as well as radio playable. I’ll call it, Sinista Music, all the music I do have a dark, drama feel to it.

Tae: Who are your top 5 artists?

Sinista: I would have to say, Jay – Z, Young Jeezy, T. I., Lil Wayne, Juvenile

Tae: What kind of equipment do you use?

Sinista: I use Open Labs, Miko and the program I use is Reasons 4.0

Tae: What inspired you to become a producer/beatmaker.

Sinista: I met Mannie fresh at about 11 yrs old at Peaches Record store and hearing Dr. Dre’s, The Chronic and I was like, damn, I gotta do that.

Tae: Is there any advice you’d like to give upcoming artists or producers?

Sinista: Be very aggressive, don’t take no for an answer, don’t sell yourself cheap, get your money. If rappers can afford to buy top of the line clothes and shoes, they can afford to pay you for a beat.

Tae: Who are some of the artist you’ve worked with?

Sinista: Man, I've worked with a number of people Soulja Slim (RIP), Partners N Crime, Ms. Tee, 5th Ward Weebie, Choppa, Magnolia Chop, Juvenile, Hot Boy Ronald, Bun B, Devin the Dude, Trae da Truth, FloRida, Wacko & Skip, Sess 4-5 and a lot more, those are just some.

Tae: Who would you say influenced you the most musically?

Sinista: I would have to say, the great Mannie Fresh and Dr. Dre.

Tae: What upcoming projects are you working on?

Sinista: I’m working on an album for Juvenile as well as my own project that will be released via iTunes.

Tae: How can people get in touch with you?

Sinista: People can reach me via MySpace at www.myspace.com/sinista54 , on twitter at www.twitter.com/godjsinista and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/sinistatrax

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Your Thoughts:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home